Join the Team
Highland Campervans are the motorhome and campervan specialists in the Highlands & Islands and we are always looking for enthusiastic and hardworking members of staff to join our team. Our current opportunities can be viewed below - we also update any vacancies on our Facebook page.
Workshop Technician - closing date for applications is 5pm on Thursday 9th January 2014
Highland Campervans are the Motorhome and Campervan specialists in the Scottish Highlands. We are looking for a full time experienced Workshop Technician who will work in a busy motorhome workshop within Highland Campervans' service department. We are the only National Caravan Council (NCC) Approved Workshop in the Highlands & Islands area, enabling us to undertake warranty work for most manufacturers. The successful candidate will be capable of carrying out service, repair and warranty work to motorhome and caravan habitation areas. This includes safety checks of gas and electrical appliances, in addition to being able to complete chassis servicing to caravans, to a very high standard.
1. Two years' relevant experience across multiple technical disciplines.
2. To hold up to date Caravan Industry Training (CITO) accreditations, or have relevant experience to be able to obtain accreditations, in the following;
a. Approved Code of Practice(s) for gas (ACoPs).
b. National Accredited Certification Scheme for Individual Gas Fitting Operatives (ACS).
c. Certificates in Test and Inspection of 230v electrical systems and 12v Systems, Equipment and Circuits.
3. Basic numeracy, literacy & IT skills.
4. Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
5. Must have a full UK driving licence.
6. Ability to remain confident and calm when dealing with negative or difficult situations.
7. An existing awareness of the motorhome and caravan leisure industry or be prepared to quickly learn and become an expert in it.
8. Highly motivated to succeed and committed to driving the company forward in line with future plans for growth and expansion.
9. An understanding of current health and safety requirements within a busy workshop.
1. Experience of working with luxury motorhome, caravan or van conversion vehicles.
2. Carpentry skills would be advantageous.
3. A willingness to attend training courses and an interest in personal development to maintain and enhance technical knowledge.
4. Demonstration of successful achievement in providing excellent customer service.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
6. Able to work on several tasks at the same time within tight timescales.
Interested in our job vacancy? Please see below.
Top tips for completing the application form:
1. The most important part of this form is the 'General Comments' section. Please think about how your knowledge, skills and experiences match the essential or desirable criteria we have listed above.
2. Most importantly please try to include some examples of things you've done to date that demonstrate you're the right person for us. If you need to expand onto another sheet, please do so.
Don't forget - The closing date for applications is 5pm on Thursday 9th January 2014.