- What personal information data do we collect?
- What types of personal data do we use?
- Who do we share your data with?
- How do we use your data?
- Serving our customers
- Reducing crime and operating in a safe lawful manner
- Operating our business effectively
- Developing our products and services
- What happens if you choose not to give us your personal data?
- How do we use your data for marketing?
- How long will we keep your personal data?
- Do you want us to share what personal data we have about you, with you?
- Is the personal data we have about you incorrect?
- Do you want us to stop using your personal data?
- Do you want to withdraw your consent or object to when we use our legitimate interest for marketing?
- How to contact us
Highland Campervans is the trading name for Highland Campers Ltd. We are registered in Scotland SC343094. Our registered office address is Kerrowaird Steading, Dalcross, Inverness, IV2 7JQ. We also trade as Highland Campers & Highland Caravans.
If you have any questions or want more details about how we use your personal data, please read the information below first, but let us know if you haven’t seen the answer. See the 'how to contact us' section below for all the different ways you can get in touch.
2. What personal information do we collect?
Technical - Details on the devices and technology you use – this helps us ensure that we are investing in the right technologies – i.e. website access via mobile devices
Communications - What we learn about you from letters, email, and conversations between us
Usage of data - Other data about how you use our products and services
Documentary data - Details about you that are stored in documents in different formats, or copies of them
Special types of data - The law and other regulations treat some types of personal data as special. We will only collect and use these types of data if the law allows us to do so:
- Health data and gender - for safety related incidents and refund purposes
- Criminal convictions and offences - for fraud prevention and criminal proceedings
- Any permissions, consents or preferences that you give us
3. What types of personal data do we use?
We use many kinds of personal data and group them together as below.
Data we collect when you use our products, services and facilities:
- Payment and transaction data
- Leisure vehicle data
- When you purchase or use our products and services
- When you apply for a refund
- When you talk to us on the phone, online or at our dealership
- When you use our websites, mobile device apps or web services
- In emails and letters
- In customer surveys
- If you take part in our competitions or promotions
- Information you provide to us by filling in forms on our site
- For loyalty scheme purposes
- Through the recruitment process
- CCTV at our dealership premises
Data from third parties we work with:
- Card associations
- Social networks
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Loyalty scheme operators (e.g. Privilege S